1. NEW BARE TIMBER DOORS, WINDOWS, EAVES. Sand timber to a uniform, smooth surface. Ensure the timber is dry and free from all dirt, dust, wax and oils. Clean oily timbers, such as Brushbox, Spotted Gum, Cypress or Tallowwood with methylated spirits and allow to dry. Note: Do not use steel wool on timber to be coated with Dimension 4 UltraPrimer as severe staining will occur. Then proceed to Step 4.
ALL OTHER NEW BARE EXTERIOR TIMBER. Allow timber to weather for approximately four to six weeks until leaching of the tannins and oils has ceased OR to coat new bare timber immediately, treat timber with Intergrain PowerPrep™ closely following label instructions. PowerPrep will draw out tannins and oils quickly and remove them from the timber surface. Then proceed to Step 2. IMPORTANT: You must always use IntergrainReviva after PowerPrep.
PREVIOUSLY PAINTED OR VARNISHED TIMBER. All paints and coatings that seal the surface must be thoroughly removed back to bare timber. To remove coating in good condition, a combination of Intergrain Liquid 8™ Timber Stripper* and power washing, or sanding is recommended. To remove coatings in poor condition, a combination of Intergrain PowerPrep and power washing is recommended. Then proceed to Step 2.
STAINED OR OILED TIMBER. Coatings that do not seal the surface commence at Step 2. WEATHERED, GREY OR MOULDY TIMBER. Proceed to Step 2 OR for best results and for severely weathered or mouldy timber, sand timber back to a fresh surface, remove sanding dust, then proceed to Step 2.
ALL COMPOSITES & BAMBOO SUBSTRATES. Follow Step 2 and Step 3 as below. Check for adhesion by applying Dimension 4 UltraPrimer to a test area, approximately 250mm x 250mm. Allow to dry for twelve hours then firmly press a strip of sticky tape over the coated section and rip off quickly. If the coating is removed do not proceed as the surface is not suitable. If coating is intact proceed to Step 4.
2. Clean all timber with Intergrain Reviva Timber Cleaner closely following label instructions.
3. Remove excess pooled water and ensure surface is clean. Allow to dry thoroughly.
4. Test if the surface is ready for coating by sprinkling water on the timber. If the water beads or sits on the surface repeat the application of Reviva. If the water is absorbed into the timber it is ready for coating.
5. In humid, tropical or mould susceptible areas timber should be coated with a mould preventative treatment such as Intergrain TSS™ Mould Preventer. TSS Mould Preventer should be left for a minimum of four hours before applying Dimension 4 UltraPrimer.
6. Nail holes and surface defects should be filled with Intergrain Woodblend™ Wood Filler after applying Dimension 4 UltraPrimer.
Methods: brush, roller, spray, Applicator
1. Stir thoroughly before and during use with a flat blade stirrer. Do not thin.
2. Apply either one saturating or two wet on wet flood coats by brush, applicator, spray (air assisted airless or airless), roller or ten minute dip. If applying by roller or spray, back brush the product into the timber. Several applications may be necessary to ensure full saturation on absorbent end grains or joinery.
3. Where timber such as CCA Treated Pine is to be left unstained, apply two wet on wet flood coats initially, with one full maintenance coat at three monthly intervals or as necessary.
4. Do not apply to hot surfaces or those in direct sunlight, as doing so will result in difficult application, poor penetration and performance.
5. Do not apply in temperatures above 35°C or below 10°C or if rain or dew is expected within four hours of application.