Intergrain UltraDeck® Timber Oil is a long lasting, high performance, water based coating designed to enhance the natural colour of all exterior timber. The natural looking finish guards timber against harsh weather conditions as well as the abrasive effects of foot traffic, providing your timber superior protection for longer.
Full cure: 7 days
Clean up: Water
Sizes: 250ml, 1L, 4L, 10L
Decking, Fences,Exterior timber,Timber Furniture
Jarrah, Merbau, Spotted Gum
The instructions below offer general preparation guidelines. For larger projects, commercial jobs or for more specific information please contact our Help & Advice team on 1800 630 285.
Maintenance coat of Intergrain UltraDeck Timber Oil:
If your existing Intergrain UltraDeck Timber Oil coating is in good condition, clean the surface with Intergrain UltraPrep™ Timber Cleaner.
Treat timber with Intergrain UltraPrep Tannin & Oil Remover. Then clean with Intergrain UltraPrep Timber Cleaner.
Grey and weathered with no previous coating:
Clean with Intergrain UltraPrep Timber Cleaner. For severely weathered timber, sand back to a fresh surface, remove all sanding dust, then clean with
Intergrain UltraPrep Timber Cleaner
Existing coating in poor condition:
Remove coating by using a combination of Intergrain UltraPrep Tannin & Oil Remover and power washing. Then clean with Intergrain UltraPrep Timber Cleaner.
Paints, varnishes or coatings in varied condition:
Paints, varnishes or coatings that have deteriorated unevenly, remove all existing coating by using a coatings stripper or sanding back to bare timber. Then clean with Intergrain UltraPrep Timber Cleaner.
Important: If mould is present or if timber is in a mould prone area, use Intergrain UltraPrep Mould Killer to remove surface mould effectively as the first step of preparing the timber for coating
Methods: brush, spray, Lambswool applicator
1. Remove excess water from the surface and allow the timber to dry for at least 1 hour before coating. Stir Intergrain UltraDeck Timber Oil thoroughly before and during use with a flat blade stirrer.
2. Apply Intergrain UltraDeck Timber Oil using the Intergrain DeckBrush (recommended), flat deck applicator, paint brush or spray (air assisted airless or airless). Do not use a roller. Apply at the coverage rate of 10-14m2/L. Do not overspread or apply thinly as insufficient film thickness will result in lap marks and compromise performance and durability. When coating large areas, work in sections, apply long strokes and use natural breaks in the boards as stopping points. If spraying, it is recommended to back brush to even out the finish and avoid spotting.
3. Allow to dry for at least 3 hours, then apply a second coat. If necessary, sand lightly between coats to remove any raised grain.
4. A third coat will give extra protection and is required in harsh conditions such as full sun exposure, around pools and in humid areas or if the first coat was applied on damp or porous timber. Important: All timber is required to be free from dust, mould and site contaminants prior to coating. Follow all relevant product label instructions when using Intergrain products.
- Conduct a routine 12 monthly maintenance inspection.
- Best protection of the timber and ease of maintenance is ensured if Intergrain UltraDeck Timber Oil is recoated before deterioration of the coating and timber underneath occurs.
To refresh timber with significant signs of weathering, greying or mould, prepare the surface as per the directions under SURFACE PREPARATION.
Will never flake, blister or peel
*Will NEVER flake, blister or peel. Intergrain UltraDeck is guaranteed never to flake, blister or peel if applied according to the specified instructions. To claim you must be living in the property you have coated with Intergrain UltraDeck. The warranty above applies for as long as you live in your house from the date of purchase. This guarantee applies to residential work only and does not cover coating failure caused by ingress of moisture, any breakdown of coatings applied previously, where UltraDeck is applied over coatings not specified by Intergrain or in the event of substrate failure or due to faulty design or construction. The guarantee will not apply to timber composites, bamboo, pre-coated timber or fibre cement substrates. If the product does not perform as specified, we will replace the goods free of charge. Please contact your local Intergrain Representative or Intergrain Customer Service regarding a Commercial warranty. To make a claim under the warranty, please contact Intergrain using the details shown and provide details of your claim. You must show proof of purchase and bear all expenses incurred in making a claim. The benefits of this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies under any applicable law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Coat in any season
The Intergrain UltraDeck range is suitable for applying in temperatures as low as 5 degrees Celsius and as high as 35 degrees Celsius.
COOL CONDITIONS: 5-15C, <85% humidity, 8hr recoat, 8hrs rain ready, 3hr touch dry, 48hr walk on, 14 day replace furniture
IDEAL CONDITIONS: 15-35C, <85% humidity, 3hr recoat, 3hrs rain ready, 1 hr touch dry, 24hr walk on, 7 day replace furniture
The Intergrain UltraDeck range can handle a light to medium shower, 3 hours from the finish of the final coat based on normal coating conditions (15-35 degrees C, less than 85% humidity)
Water whitening however can occur when rain falls and pools on the surface while the coating is still curing after application. Full curing takes 7 days in ideal conditions but can take longer in cold and wet conditions.
Water whitening does not affect the integrity of the coating or its exterior durability. While water whitening may look unsightly but will usually go away once the surface dries out.